Saturday, July 20, 2013

Does your teaching need new energy?

I just can't get over the fact that I am about to begin my 13th year of teaching!  All of those years have been in a Title 1 school, in a low-socioeconomic area.  We all know that being in the education field has a way of wearing you down after a while.  Luckily, I work with the best group of people you could ask for!  Some days, this is my saving grace. :) I still have my PASSION for teaching, but it is difficult not to feel a little burnout at times.   So, while surfing the net one evening, I ran across Angela Powell's Cornerstone website.  She has put together a book along with a Bible study guide for educators who are feeling the burn and need that change in mentality to revitalize their teaching!  It spoke to me...literally...I felt like I landed on that site for a reason and I immediately placed an order.

After reading the Introduction and Chapter 1, I am making a vow to set aside 30 minutes each and every day to talk to God about my teaching.  By using the mindset strategies Angela has suggested, I am going to make every effort to give my teaching the fire and excitement that has been missing for the last several years.  

Is your teaching in need of a spiritual transformation?


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm a new blogger too! Check me out on thankstoateacher1.blogspot.com. I love your back to school read alouds - I have the exact same books too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Us newbies have to stick together! Do you have any activities for any of the books listed?

    ReplyDelete